Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Nail Fantasy

On my last day of work, in preparation for flying back to the US tomorrow to serve as bridesmaid in my cousin Natalie's wedding, I spent my lunch break today at Nail Fantasy to get a nice French mani-pedi. The place next to work was fully booked all week, so I walked around the corner to Nail Fantasy, whose appointment book was wide open.

I should have recognized the red flag, but had no choice as there are limited options in Woking and time is running out.

On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being proficient in English, these ladies ranked about a 1 (which is better than the staff at my hotel in China -- for more, see the China Day 1 entry). The pink color she used on my toes was more like clear-ish magenta and made my toes look purplish and dead so I made her use a nice pale pink, which she just painted on top of the magenta. I thought the fingers would at least turn out better since we'd had our practice run on my toes, but they're pretty awful as well. All-in-all, it's probably the worst nail job I've ever had and cost me $36 (could have been a LOT worse). Reminded me very strongly of this video (thanks Tatum)...


Post about Stockholm this past weekend coming shortly...

4 comments:

Tina Traini said...

That was HILARIOUS! I have so been there. Also nice work on scoping out the nail places in Woking...I'll definitely avoid that one.

Are you home yet? What's the dealio!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.