Monday, April 9, 2007

Jon is my Winnie-the-Pooh hero


I would like to take this moment to give a shout out to Jon, who went during his lunch to explore the Wren Library and even sneak this photo of the original manuscript of Winnie the Pooh for me. (for reference, please see blog post: Cambridge). It's a little hard to see because poor Jon was dodging the 'burly' library guard paid to keep people from taking photos of the manuscript. Please note the clear sign in this picture with a slash mark through a camera. :)

He also found some other remarkable old manuscripts on display. Of the several images he sent me, I find this one to be one of my favorites: original Shakespearean writing. Note that all other manuscripts allow photography... I hate when museums try shamelessly to sell postcards; I'll buy them anyway! Musee D'Orsay, room housing the Mona Lisa, you heard me!

Thanks again Jon, you're the best!

No comments: