Saturday, March 17, 2007

Farewell Friday


Last night, several of my friends joined me to say good-bye for my last night in Chicago for 3 months. Thank you to my sister Rachel and her boyfriend Luke, Shelley, Nora, Marta, Neha, and Marni for joining me at Quartino last night, and to Anne and her husband Dan for stopping in briefly to say good-bye. It was such a pleasure to sit and chat with everyone over carafe wine and Italian small plates. This is a picture of my sister and me from last night. I know, we look nothing alike, right? She's heading to Mexico for her week-long Spring break (she's a junior at U Chicago) today with Luke.

I head to the airport in a few hours and am pretty much packed and ready to go. Let's be honest, I've been preparing to go for weeks now, I think I have pretty much everything I could possibly need, even extra passport photos. :)

I will miss everyone! Please come visit if you get the opportunity. Virgin is starting a direct flight service to London from Chicago and they're running a special deal this spring ... hint hint.

No comments: