Monday, March 12, 2007

Pre-Departure

Welcome to my very first blog! I hope you all enjoy reading up on my adventures while working for Plan International over the next 3 months. I have included a link to their website for you to learn more about this incredible organization. Just to clarify: I am still employed by Accenture, but I'm doing this project as part of the Accenture Development Partnerships (ADP) program, which offers Accenture's consulting services at a dramatically reduced price to clients who normally would not be able to afford Accenture's rates.

I will be doing a web strategy project for 12 weeks to design an integrated website for all their national offices into one central site. I should be traveling to up to 8 different offices globally to gather the necessary information from their users. I don't yet know which offices I will be visiting, so keep checking back for updated travel info.

I will be based out of Woking, Surrey (hence my blog's title), which is about a 25 minute train ride outside of London, England.

My first adventure is to Ireland. I depart March 17, arriving March 18 in London. After spending the day with my mom and brother in the city, I'm flying out the evening of March 18 to Dublin and staying in the LAST AVAILABLE ROOM in the entire city at Castle Hotel. FYI, if you plan to stay in Dublin the weekend of St. Patrick's Day, book early! I leave on a paddywagon tour on March 19 that is 6 days touring the entire island.

I'm heading out to Woking on March 26, and start work on March 28. It should be a fast-paced 12 weeks and I'm really looking forward to the experience. Keep checking back in for more!

2 comments:

Tina Traini said...

Lovely blog ma'am! Can't wait to see you. I'l be there on the 14 so make sure they have a good place for us to stay!

ImAFlyGirl said...

I love it! Have a blast- I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!